Window gravity caveat (or bug?)

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sat Feb 23 03:23:16 PST 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 06:41:41 -0600
Gregory Merchan <gregory.merchan at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Gregory,

>I assume this serves as a caveat and not a description of a bug.

I'm not on the dev team, but;

Personally, I'd go for bug.  Whilst it's tricky (impossible) to start
drawing halfway across a pixel the background maths should keep track of
such fractional results and those used when resizing.  This should
eliminate compounding those errors due to any rounding.  In short,
rounding should only occur at draw time, not calculation time.

Not being a programmer myself, I have no idea how easy, or otherwise, it
would be to correct this (mis)behaviour.

--
 Regards  _
I'll be the paint on the side if you'll be the tin