Logitech K800 Keyboard: No dead/accent keys

Andreas Tscharner andy at vis.ethz.ch
Tue Jan 15 03:54:45 PST 2013

Please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list!

Hello World,

I have a Logitech K800 keyboard with an US international layout (used in
Debian Sid).
Problem: There are no accent/dead keys, although I set it up as us-intl.
Instead I always get the quotes or double-quotes directly. This is bad,
because I live in Switzerland and need umlauts. It works correctly on
the console, but does not in X.
I don't have a desktop, but only a window manager: WindowMaker

Attached are the log file and the configuration file.

What did I do wrong?

TIA and best regards
	Andreas
--