Disabling all access to graphics hardware

Christian Uldall Pedersen cup at gamblify.com
Tue Jul 16 03:29:53 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am developing an embedded Linux system where I have multiple OpenGL
applications running at the same time. Only one of the applications must
be visible at a time, and so I unmap the windows of the other OpenGL
applications. It does however seem like these applications are still
slowing down the 3D performance of the visible application even though
they are unmapped in X.org. (CPU and RAM usage is not an issue here.)

How can I make sure that these background applications do not impact the
3D performance of the system?

Best regards,
Christian Uldall Pedersen