error ent = 1073741820, Fatal server error: failed to create root window

Richard PALO richard.palo at baou.fr
Thu Mar 28 05:08:34 PDT 2013

Le 28/03/13 08:19, Alan Coopersmith a écrit :
> On 03/27/13 11:32 PM, Richard PALO wrote:
>> Hello, I"m trying to get modular xorg (build with x64 pkgsrc) running on bare
>> omnios (illumos).
>>
>> How to find what 'error ent = 1073741820' means?
>
> It means you're using a libpciaccess that felt like printing a message that as
> best I can tell is a leftover debugging message that never got cleaned up:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libpciaccess/tree/src/solx_devfs.c#n626
>
> I've seen it before, but never tracked down what it's really saying since it's
> never seemed to be related to an actual error.
>
> You may or may not have better luck with a X server from this decade instead
> of trying to run one from 4 years ago - you'd certainly find more people willing
> to investigate and help on a current server such as 1.14 than on 1.6.

Thanks, I'll bring libpciaccess up to date first...

For the rest, what would be an appropriate baseline to compare minimal
versions (x-s11-*clone or x-s12-clone) ... it seems I recall seeing that
pkgsrc has opted to move slowly in some areas do [dependencies?] on the
kernel mode stuff not necessarily available on all platforms.

I believe as well that many/most auxiliary modules have already been
updated...

cheers