WaitForSomething(): select: Invalid argument

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Thu May 9 01:47:15 PDT 2013

Grant wrote:
> >>  WaitForSomething(): select: Invalid argument
> >

> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/31/1 ?
>
> Thanks, Google didn't bring that up for me.  So it's a kernel issue.
> I'm on 3.9-rc7.  I'll pursue this further with the kernel guys if it
> happens on 3.9-rc8.  I've only seen it once so far.

That is wrong, the patch mentioned in that mail thread was applied long
time ago, in v3.6[1].

And the issue is most definitely in X:

---
Also, letting the X people know that they are doing something crazy
sounds like a good idea. -- Linus
---

This happens on my Arch Linux 3.8.11 and I've seen it happen also on
3.9.

X crashing is not good.

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=cee58483cf56e0ba355fdd97ff5e8925329aa936