Intel driver not detecting device

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Sat May 18 15:17:21 PDT 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013, Dave Airlie wrote:
>> The Xorg server has suddenly stopped working with my Intel GPU, and I'm a
>> bit baffled as to why. The driver just tells me "No devices detected", even
>> though it used to work perfectly well.
>
> Try adding Option "AutoAddGPU" "FALSE" to the xorg.conf

I see. Should I interpret this as meaning that my currently running
primary X server has somehow "locked" the Intel GPU without using it,
leaving the second X server incapable of using it? In that case, I think
I'll have to wait for a more opportune moment to restart my primary X
session in order to be able to test that.

If I may ask, though; what does that kind of locking mean? In just what
way is the Intel device "reserved" even though it's not actually used?

Thanks for your answer!

--

Fredrik Tolf