Is workaround available for synaptics scroll button repeat after xf86-input-synaptics 1.7?

Mikhail Titov mlt at gmx.us
Thu Oct 31 06:09:42 CET 2013

Hello!

Apparently there was an announcement that this feature was dropped[1]. I
noticed that only after I upgraded to Ubuntu GNU/Linux 13.10. This is quite
unfortunate as I used this feature often. I know I can just use edge
scrolling. But for long web pages I have to repeatedly scroll that
edge. I really would prefer just press and hold a button
instead. Removing this functionality made scroll buttons essentially
useless :(

Is there any workaround to enable this functionality? Was it moved somewhere?

Footnotes:
[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2013-April/002195.html look for "Purge scrollbuttons (repeat)"

--
Mikhail