How to have USB mouse after X (fbdev) started

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 00:39:59 PDT 2013

Hi, List

I am running fbdev on ARM linux. Now I have a problem in using USB
mosue. By far I have to inserted the mouse before start X with argument
"-mouse evdev,,device=/dev/input/event1".

However, if using the same command line to start the X while the mouse
is not started, the fbdev will complain that it failed to open the
event1 file. This is understandble since the event1 deive node does not
really exist at this moment.

So my question is, how do I insert and use the USB mouse after X
started?

Thanks in advance.

-
woody

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then