Am I using the "ati" or "vesa" driver?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Aug 8 21:13:46 PDT 2014

On 08.08.2014 20:23, YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote:

>>> The full log is here:
>>> http://pastebin.com/a51DRWg6
>>
>>  (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
>>  (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
>>  (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glamoregl
>>  (II) UnloadModule: "glamoregl"
>>  (II) Unloading glamoregl
>>  (EE) RADEON: Failed to load module "glamoregl" (module does not exist, 0)
>>
>> Looks like libglamoregl.so isn't installed, at least not in /usr/lib/xorg/modules.
>>

> I have not installed glamor from the glamor tree.
> I want to use glamor from the xorg-server tree.
>
> So, I build and install xorg (with the "--enable-glamor" option), then after this I build and install the xf86-video-ati driver.
> But what is strange, is that as you can see before, a libglamoregl.so shared library is required when I type "startx".
> Why?
>
> I have said that I would like to use the glamor from the xorg-server tree, so I have not a libglamoregl.so installed file.
> Indeed, the libglamoregl.so file is provided by glamor from the glamor tree only.
> Are you agree?

No, xserver with --enable-glamor also produces libglamoregl.so. It
sounds like either something went wrong building xserver with
--enable-glamor, or maybe you didn't specify --prefix=/usr for the
xserver build, so it was installed to /usr/local/.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer