Are we need a gothic English keyboard layout?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 02:38:18 PDT 2014

On Mittwoch, 27. August 2014 05:45:54 CEST, Hi-Angel wrote:

>  So, the question is: are you need this layout?
Hardly. Those are mathemtical symbols and *not* for text at all.
Also it's no way "Fraktur"[1] and the only two fraktur additions in unicode are u+017f and u+2e17 (special german fraktur letters/symbols that are not in use in latin, u+017f is a "soft" "s".

> Personally I think that it looks very beautiful
It will look like shit (or rather an empty box) if the client font has no representation for those characters.
If you want a beautiful look, install a font that suits you, eg. check www.dafont.com (or a thousand other font collections)

> and since all over the internet using the Unicode

  *L.O.L.*

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] see eg. http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=fraktur.de for examples of fraktur fonts