Need help with M$ touchmouse

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 5 09:42:24 PST 2014

On Friday 05 December 2014 12:23:19 Thomas Lübking did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Freitag, 5. Dezember 2014 18:12:09 CEST, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > using the nouveau driver. From a 3.16.0 kernel tree I assume.
>
> Doesn't seem so.
>
> Posted log segment says, that you're trying to load nv, then unload it
> and ultimately seem to be running fbdev (what causes the maaaany error
> messages)
>
> This is not about the kernel module, but the X11 driver.
> You'll need xserver-xorg-video-nouveau and libdrm-nouveau1, but rather
> not from 2010.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

And how does one go about that?  Build & install Xorg from scratch?

I did that once about a decade & change back, on an old Red Hat install,
6.1 IIRC. It worked, but was about a 2 hour build on that old 400 mhz K6-
II box with 320 megs of memory. :)

git URL?

> PS:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/libevdev/ is the very first

Thanks Thomas, but what is the magic configure --with-??????
that will get it to build the docs?

> xorg at lists.x.org: X.Org support
> Your subscription address: %(user_address)s

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)