Need help with M$ touchmouse

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 7 15:50:45 PST 2014

On Saturday 06 December 2014 06:14:12 Peter Hutterer did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 6/12/2014 12:33 , Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 05 December 2014 18:46:58 Peter Hutterer did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:

> >> http://who-t.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/configure-fails-with-no-package
> >> -fo o.html
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >>     Peter
> >
> > That is quite helpful.  But this system hasn't such a critter.  So I
> > pulled in the tarball for libevdev-1.3, but nothing I can do with a
> > -- with-docs, or even spelling it out, seems to convince it to build
> > the docs too.
> >
> > End of configure bailout
> > configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-documentation
> >
> > 	       Prefix				/usr/local
> > 	       Libdir				${exec_prefix}/lib
> >
> > 	       Build documentation		no
> > 	       Build unit-tests			no
> > 	       Enable profiling			no
> > 	       Static library symbol check	yes
> >
> >   a --help doesn't show it as an option either.  And that does puzzle
> >   me
> >
> > because the --help on most configure scripts is 2 or 3 screens full.
>
> please read up on a few tutorials on how to build software from source
> and how to interpret the configure output. none of this here is
> special, we just use standard automake stuff.
>
> fwiw, the documentation is just doxygen, you can read it online on the
> libevdev website, no need to build it locally.

Thats probably good enough Peter, but I'd worry about my install getting
out of step with the docs, so I would rather have the docs that go with
the version installed.

Since configure doesn't seem to do it, can I tweak the config.out to add
that?  Or use doxygen to make my own maybe.  I know that tool has been
around for yonks, but I've never run it.  I just tried a man doxygen and
came up empty.  So its not even installed.  I'll see if it will from the
repo.

I finally , last night got tired of fighting with that mouse so it will
likely join others on a yard sale table next year.  Logitek M320 working
now, no touch pad.  A little sensitive for my arthritic fingers, but works
much better overall. And I just found the fix for the unwanted
sensitivity, lift the button plastic leaf an 1/8" and jam a 1/2" long
piece of foam about 1/8" wide cut from a cd stack top pad, under the
button leaf. They now sit about 20 thou higher and don't go off unless I
consciously press the button.  To me, thats ideal.

Thank you Peter.
> Cheers,
>    Peter

Cheers, Gene Heskett