opengl windows bugged placement on compositing

Roland Plüss roland at rptd.ch
Wed Jan 8 02:50:28 PST 2014

On 01/08/2014 02:28 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mit, 2014-01-08 at 01:14 +0100, Roland Plüss wrote:
>> Is reparenting with compositing a huge problem by itself?
> Seems to work just fine for me. Which driver stack are you using? Maybe
> post your Xorg.0.log file and/or test app.

X.Org X Server 1.14.3
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.2.12422 Core Profile Context 8.723

Test app I can not give unfortunately.

Concerning the problem I did some more testing by directly parenting the
window while creating it. The problem persists so it does not seem to be
a parenting problem but a general problem of adding an opengl enabled
window to a foreign window. In my case this is FOX-ToolKit and
NPAPI(firefox). With FOX I could remedy the problem with some
unnecessary resize spaming but in the NPAPI case I could not get it
somehow working yet. I think the resize spaming is also more fixing
symptoms instead of the real problem but I just can't figure out how to
debug the problem. It has to be somehow connected to OpenGL visual
created window and compositing which itself does crap application
windows with OpenGL. Maybe compositing gets confused by the X events
somehow?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Plüss Roland

Leader und Head Programmer
- Game: Epsylon ( http://www.indiedb.com/games/epsylon )
- Game Engine: Drag[en]gine ( http://www.indiedb.com/engines/dragengine
, http://dragengine.rptd.ch/wiki )
- Normal Map Generator: DENormGen ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php )
- Sowie verschiedene Blender Export-Skripts und Game-Tools