Mad Catz RAT7 not working in xorg

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Jan 8 14:09:31 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 07:16:16PM +0100, Christoph Mathys wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> On 08.01.2014 11:47, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> >please also attach you evtest output for the device and annotate which
> >button generates which keycode.
>
> By 'which button' you mean the button number I get from xev (e.g.
> 1-n)? evtest gives me somthing like that:
>
>    Event code 272 (BTN_LEFT)
>    Event code 273 (BTN_RIGHT)
>    Event code 274 (BTN_MIDDLE)
>    Event code 275 (BTN_SIDE)

yeah, the full evtest output, I don't (shouldn't) need the xev output. But
remember I need the events as you press them too, so you can then say:
"the thumb button on the left side of the mouse produces BTN_SIDE" etc :)

the goal is something similar to the VerticalMouse snippet:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/tree/config/10-quirks.conf#n25

also, bonus points for attaching an evemu-record for the button presses.

Cheers,
   Peter