Quad head graphic card.

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 14:26:39 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Grzegorz Sójka <gs at sojka.co> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have 4 identical monitors. So I decided to buy (not to expensive,
> around 100USD) quad head graphics card. I do not need anything
> particular. Only office applications, no gaming. The crucial thing is
> that I would like to be able to span a single window across all 4
> monitors. I found following cards:
> Gigabyte Radeon HD7770 OC
> Nvidia Quadro NVS440
> Nvidia Quadro NVS420
> Could you please confirm which ones of these cards may be configured as
> a single quad monitors DISPLAY?
> Note that both Nvidia cards are actually dual GPU.

Any recent radeon hardware supports multiple monitors just fine with
the caveat that if you are using more than 2 non-displayport monitors,
they have to all use the same clock (you are limited to two
independent clocks), or you need active dp adapters.  If all of the
monitors are identical, it shouldn't be a problem.

Alex