[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati 7.3.0

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 25 10:06:36 PST 2014

On Saturday 25 January 2014 12:58:50 Brad Rogers did opine:

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:00:56 -0500
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Gene,
>
> >This stuff doesn't work for mailing lists, and whom ever's bright idea
>
> What stuff?  PGP Signing?

No, here, when I enabled the html display of that poorly composed message,
I find a registration screen that if completed, would allow me to send mail
to the idiot.  I have no intention of registering myself with yet another
spammer so he can sell it to the highest bidder.  Registering to be
whitelisted or whatever they call it, was a bum idea from the gitgo, and I
thought it had died the torturous death it deserved 5 or 6 years ago.

Here, I have a fairly simple rule about spam.  An incoming is searched for
the originating IP, and that whole class d gets deleted from the pop server
without ever being downloaded to my box again.  I watch its logs for FP's,
and in the nominally 4 years I have been doing that, haven't found one.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.

"It's men like him that give the Y chromosome a bad name."
         law-abiding citizens.