xkbcomp on a specific device

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Sun Jun 15 05:30:05 PDT 2014

 ❦ 11 juin 2014 18:47 +0200, Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx> :

>> I am trying to use xkbcomp to configure a specific
>> keyboard. Unfortunately, I can only configure the core
>> keyboard. Configuring my specific keyboard has no effect.
>
> After a full reboot, the problem has disappeared. Quite odd.

So, sometimes it works, sometimes not. It always work after a reboot but
not always when just restarting xorg.

What could interfere with per-device keymaps? Maybe I installed a keymap
on the core device and keymaps on specific devices are ignored? How can
I debug that? Why would it survive a X restart?
--
Make input easy to prepare and output self-explanatory.