Touchscreen recognized as touchpad with hid-multitouch driver

tomw tomw at ubilix.com
Thu May 1 02:51:15 PDT 2014

> why are you trying to use the multitouch driver? IIRC it's a touchpad-only
> driver and will treat anything as touchpad. And evdev handles multitouch
> out-of-the-box now anyway.

Thanks for pointing me at this, I was not fully aware of it.

However the question still remains why the pointer is still visible. Of
course I could remove it or do the usual tricks like setting it to an
invisible pixel. My understanding however was that the pointer is not
shown if only a touchscreen is detected.

Perhaps this assumption is wrong or there are some conditions for this I
did not get.

--tomw