Monitor setting

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun May 25 02:12:28 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-25 02:56 (GMT) cqin98 at yahoo.com composed:

> We got a new dell server and installed OS SuSe enterprise Linux 11. We
> connected two monitors to a video card. We wanted to display a different
> application GUI on each monitor.  We want to know how to configure in the
> file /etc/x11/xorg.conf

If either SaX2 or SaX3 is installed you should try using it first.

http://fm.no-ip.com/Share/ has several foundational example files. Which
might be suitable to start with depends on the gfxchip(s) you have. As
example,
http://fm.no-ip.com/Share/xorg.conf-intel-vga1600x1200left-digi1920x1080right-120
is a side by side arrangement for Intel gfxchips.

If you use KDE and upgrade to a version newer than 4.10.5 you may find it
easier to use the KDE display configuration tool instead of xorg.conf,
because KDE will want to ignore xorg.conf anyway in newer versions.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/