Multihead (3 Montiors) Sabrent USB->HDMI problems

daidoji70 daidoji70 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 10:04:55 PDT 2014

Hmm, thats weird.  After a little bit from last message I get this in the
dmesg

[ 1656.344768] udl 4-1.3:1.0: swiotlb buffer is full (sz: 2097152 bytes)
[ 1656.344772] DMA: Out of SW-IOMMU space for 2097152 bytes at device
4-1.3:1.0
[ 1764.517960] [drm] write mode info 153

I'm getting lines of these in Xorg.0.log
[  1764.008] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.008] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.008] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.009] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.009] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.009] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.010] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.010] reporting 3 10 33 266
[  1764.010] reporting 3 10 33 266

Then my xrandr shows up with the stuff it did yesterday.  I switch the mode
to one I know the monitor can support and I'm back to the grey screen
background.  I can drag windows from one monitor to the next across the
screen but my mouse stops at the middle monitor (I'm assuming due to the
"Display" in X not allowing the mouse into the other "Display").

So I'm back to where I was yesterday...  (Almost there, just can't get my
mouse onto the third monitor) Anyone have any ideas what was causing all
these udl issues above and more importantly, how can I use my mouse on that
third monitor?  Finally, assuming I can solve that, what are best practices
for saving all this configuration so I don't have to jump through all these
hoops to use the udl device?

CAL