Cross Compile X11 with arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.3.3

Subrata Sengupta subrata.sengupta at stesalit-inc.com
Sat Sep 13 02:13:34 PDT 2014

I am trying to display GIS Vector maps on our PDA. The processor used is
AM1808 and the processor family is "ARM926EJ-S" Core. To do this, I need to
have X11 cross-compiled with arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.3.3 . My aim is
to use TCLTK to render the vector maps. TCL gets cross compiled smoothly
but facing problem to cross compile TK - which requires X11.

OpenGL support is not there for this processor - as reported by TI. Else,
using QT with OpenGL would have been a better way to render vector maps.

Please let me know if there's any way to cross compile X11 with
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.3.3.

Warm Regards,

Subrata Sengupta
General Manager - IT