Is it possible to pan around a virtual screen using a smaller touchscreen display

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Apr 20 18:41:26 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 05:21:44PM +0100, Daniel Harris wrote:
> I am assuming that it is a limitation that a stylus cannot map it position
> to a physical screen and a larger virtual screen at the same time.  I
> currently have panning in the virtual screen but calibration is way off on
> the physical screen.  I am assuming no mathematical wizardry with the
> current setting can rectify this.

should be able to, it just requires more effort once you start panning
around. the mapping of the stylus to screen is done by a matrix that takes
the whole desktop size into account. outputs as such don't matter here, e.g.
mapping to the right of two monitors is done by mapping to the 50% of the
width with a 50% offset.

that means you can map to any part of the desktop, problem is it won't
follow you around as you pan. you'd need some client to track that and
update the coordinate transformation matrix as you go.

Cheers,
   Peter