xserver-xorg.synaptics question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Apr 27 21:02:56 PDT 2015

On Monday 27 April 2015 23:53:00 Felix Miata wrote:
> Gene Heskett composed on 2015-04-27 23:10 (UTC-0400):
> > Mint 17.1 Xfce.  I had to make that directory, and moved it to
> > 50-synaptics.conf in that otherwise empty, newly created dir.
> > Rebooted now, I'll check.  Nope, not a noticeable difference.  Copy
> > of Xorg.0.log attached.
> >
> > As of the last reboot, correspnding to the Xorg.0.log attached,
> > there is no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
> >
> > May be you can see something in the logfile I cannot?
>
> Nothing I recognize. Something else you can try is putting a file of
> whatever name you please in $HOME, then export 'XORGCONFIG=whatever'
> in .bashrc. If that doesn't work either, maybe there's a bug or the
> ignore option for synaptics has been removed. Or, maybe Mint is using
> the libinput driver instead of the synaptics driver and there's a
> whole different methodology required to disable it.

Sound like I ought to head back over to their list & see if I can
synthesize some hate & discontent.  They have been nice, but also less
than helpfull on this front.

I'll give this a shot too, but from what I see in the startup log for x,
it isn't looking at anything I have done so far, so I don't have any
great hopes that the above might work.  Sigh.

Thanks Felix.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)