New Monitor Weirdnesses or how do I get Xorg to pay attention to my xorg.conf file?

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Sat Dec 5 18:48:17 PST 2015

On 04/12/2015 9:06 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
> At Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:11:33 -0500 xorg at lists.x.org wrote:
>
>> I am just using the KVM included in CentOS7 with Cloudstack.
>> Not sure what I am missing by not including Xen but I am pretty new at it.
> CentOS 5 predates KVM and used Xen for virtualization. CentOS 6 and 7 include
> KVM for virtualization and don't use a Xen hypervisor. You are not 'missing'
> anything: Xen is just the older virtualization hypervisor.
That is what I suspected. Thanks to the reassurance.

>> I can not help but believe that CentOS 7 would be a better platform for
>> virtualization than CentOS 5.
>>
>> CentOS 7 is not too bad but it is different and it has taken me a while
>> to stop fighting it.
> I don't want to take that step until I have learned to deal with the likes of
> systemd, etc.  I install CentOS 6 as the host and install CentOS 7 in a VM, to
> have a standbox to learn in, and still be able to get work done.
Sounds like a good plan.
I just jumped in with a couple of  spare physical machines to see if I
could get Centos 7 to production quality/use in key roles.
I was able to build the systems and test them with the ability to drop
the old system back in if it did not work.

--
Ron Wheeler
President
email: rwheeler at artifact-software.com