[solved] intel atom D525MW w/i915 onboard gfx vs 16x9 monitor

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jul 18 07:54:42 PDT 2015

On Saturday 18 July 2015 08:06:23 Felix Miata wrote:
> Gene Heskett composed on 2015-07-18 07:22 (UTC-0400):
> > Xorg.0.log is in my other reply, Felix.  I'm just up, need a quart
> > of coffee I haven't made yet to function correctly. :-\
>
> Clearly. From that post:
>
> (xrandr)
> DVI-I-1 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
> axis) 509mm x 286mm
> HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> (log)
> [    27.790] (II) intel(0): Output LVDS1 connected
> [    27.790] (II) intel(0): Output VGA1 connected
>
> So, you've given xrandr output from one machine, and Xorg.0.log output
> from a different machine.
>
> > In any event, the machines in question do not have either
> > an /etc/X11/xorg.conf, nor an /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
>
> That's normal, designed for automagic configuration. Apparently
> automagic for you is not working, so you'll need to construct either
> an xrandr script, or an xorg.conf*, as I suggested and provided links
> to that end in prior reply.
>
> So, which is from the Atom machine, the one with two displays
> connected, or the one with one? And, what is the proper other output
> from the Atom machine?

Something apparently had the screen locked during my previous attempts.
XFCE, settings/display was using a laptop default, selecting the AOL
monitor button and bringing up the multiselector, there was a 13##x768
option that I clicked, and one second later I had a screen, so I clicked
on save.

Then, ran LinuxCNC, and the circles from an encoder disk backplot are now
perfect.  If it holds over a reboot, I am a happy camper.

Thanks Felix.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)