xinput ids

Ingo Krabbe ikrabbe.ask at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 00:17:06 PDT 2015

Hey Hendry,

the IDs are a property of the XINPUT extension and the xinput(1) tool can be used to modify XINPUT properties. It's the tool of choice for XINPUT devices. What you might think of is a modification of the kernel (evdev) devices, for example USB, which are listed in /sys/bus/usb/devices, but these don't know about the XINPUT.ID.

Regards,

Ingo