xf86-input-keyboard not working

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Mar 17 15:05:28 PDT 2015

Ken Moffat wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:00:16 +0000:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 04:29:42PM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> Ken Moffat wrote on Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:50:33 +0000:

>> > Is there a reason why you are not using evdev ?
>>
>> I want to use as much knowledge and as much settings from my old LFS as
>> possible and limit the use of additional and new libraries and such.
>>
> When I read that you had used "all the latest sources" I assumed
> that was for everything.

What I meant was that I've downloaded the most recent version of everything
I've installed from http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual.

> The old input and mouse drivers are now expected to be used only on
> non-linux systems, so not many people will have experience of them on
> recent linux systems.

What do you mean by "old"? xf86-input-keyboard per se?

So, xf86-input-keyboard doesn't work any longer on linux systems, but
xf86-input-mouse does?

I'd assist in tracking down the issue if I just could get any help in where
to look or what to check. At least the developers should have a clue.

Ingo