fresh install Kubuntu 14.04 (15.10 same problem) XServer never starts

Gregor Leskovšek legrega at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:09:08 PST 2015

Dear Christopher, Dear Thomas,
apparently Kubuntu with this system can not handle both internal and
additional GPU. I disabled internal in BIOS and then came in X Wins. But
the mouse was not working so I decided to do another clean install.
Meanwhile I learned that I can not run Kubuntu partitioning twice in a row
if not meanwhile reset my HW RAID field and needed to run setup once more
going through some other problems (read: temporary enable internal GPU just
to get into RAID field setup and then disabling it again) and am now in
Kubuntu 15.10 in Winx where everything works great.
Just one more question - I will buy 10K IPS 40 inch monitor once they
become affordable and therefore will need to buy a new GPU in order to
support it (this one has only 512 MB). When the case will grow right is all
I need to do shutdown my computer and put in the new GPU inside? or I need
to do also after it some drivers via CD (enclosed) or is it best at that
time to do a clean install?)?

And I needn't disable 2 Monitor mode, all I needed was to disable internal
graphics board.

Thank You Tomas and especially thanks Christopher for giving me a hunch
over the phone that I should "manage" BIOS.

May long live Linux, Gregor Leskovšek from the Sunny side of Alps (that's
Slovenia, Europe), here is already midnight

> When the sun rises I receive and when it sets I forgive! :-)
http://gleskove.oreillystudent.com :-) Always warmly / S prisrčnimi
pozdravi!
http://lilaum.com  Gregor Leskovšek ;-)