Making xset stick on a secondary X session

Tony Mobily merc at mobily1.com
Wed Oct 14 00:24:15 PDT 2015

Hi,

I tried again. I am starting to doubt that xset works properly!

I did:

$ export DISPLAY=:1
$ sudo X :1 -noreset &
$ xeyes &
$ xterm &

I can then confirm that xset has no effect on the running X:

$ xset r rate 50 150

No difference in the repeat rate.
However, if you run the command on the terminal within :1, it will work (as
expected).

It really looks like xset will only work if run within the server itself...
but why? Should I report this as a bug? (it's really easy to reproduce)

Bye,

Merc.