unclutter again

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:37:19 PDT 2015

You want to start unclutter with your X session scripts (what depends on how you start X11 and with what session, ie. KDE, Gnome or whatever)

On Mittwoch, 14. Oktober 2015 15:55:14 CEST, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Because X is very poor at remembering what I have running and what screen
> its running on

Because that is totally not X11's job, there's a session manager protocol, but I doubt unclutter opts into it.

> kmail on this workspace, and an incoming mailwatcher script that tells
> kmail to go get the mail after a new mail has been written

KMail? KDE? "kcmshell[4|5] autostart" (the actual kcmshell command name depends on your distro and KDE version, sorry about that) - it's a system settings module.
Just add some "pkill unclutter; unclutter -foo -bar" there.

Cheers,
Thomas