No video after resume from suspend

russell.poffenberger at xcerra.com russell.poffenberger at xcerra.com
Thu Apr 14 00:44:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a CPU motherboard, a SuperMicro X11SSV-Q with an i7-6700 processor.
This is a skylake based system using the Q170 chipset. I am using the
onboard video. I am running vanilla Centos 7 (1511).
When I put the system to sleep, after resuming from sleep, the system
comes alive (I can rlogin fine), but there is no video signal, as reported
by the monitor and a blank display. No amount of pressing keys or moving
the mouse have any effect.
If I then hibernate the system (from the rlogin window), and then resume
from that, I have video right where it should be.
Is there something I can send or do to wake the video up, at least to try
and understand what is not resuming properly?

Thanks,

Russ Poffenberger | System Architecture Group
Phone:  +1 / 408 / 635-6049
russell.poffenberger at xcerra.com
Xcerra Corporation, LTX/Credence Division
1355 California Circle
Milpitas, CA 95035, USA