Open Shared Memory and Render Pictures

Michael Titke michael.tiedtke at o2online.de
Fri Aug 5 18:53:31 UTC 2016

My misunderstanding of mystical prepadding, missing request encoding
titles (go find the opcode in the header files) and silenced core
requests during the x keyboard adventure may have drained my capability
to just "intuit" the right thing (mt).

For now we have a window (!!!) with keyboard events and characters or
symbols (!!!) and a system V shared memory segment with a puttable image
pixmap (!!!) which shows some severe flaw of the original matrix. Yes,
that was me, I guess.

That Bad Access was a missing depth argument in the product? Thus the
byte size of the pixmap was too small which usually results in a. ...
Was that bits-per-pixel or minimum scanline unit? That's part of the
following clean-up stage then. (Do formats really have a one byte id in
XSHM or is that list of formats reversed in xcons?)

Thank you for your support here and there then.