High CPU usage - slow/lag/skip problem

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.de
Thu Aug 11 06:41:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 07:16:57PM -0400, Zurd wrote:
>Hi, me again, I'm bumping this. I realized I have a big post but I wanted
>to put as much information as possible. All I want to know is how to
>minimize the xrandr calls so that there's less EDID information in
>Xorg.0.log.
>
>My system is not slow yet but it should happen soon. My Xorg log is at 23M
>in just 6h12m. I don't think this is normal.

Whenever "something" calls even the equivalent of "xrandr -q" the nvidia
driver will add such log entries. Given the frequency it's either some screen
config daemon or some broken (afair Qt5 used to do this) client code
determining the current screen geometry this way.

You can alter the way you start X11 (likely some DM) to pass
"-logverbose=0", no guarantees but it *should* silence this (and
everything else)

Cheers,
Thomas