Xt / Motif C++ application hangs in the XtDispatchEvent call

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Fri Dec 9 13:09:50 UTC 2016

Am 09.12.2016 12:12, schrieb Subrata Dasgupta:
> Hi ,
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> It is a 32 bit c++ UI application written long before. I do not face problem in most of the cases. Face this hanging problem only for 2-3 windows, other windows are working fine. Below are the versions of library and the platform used.
>
> Platform         - 64 bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2
> Xt Library       - libXt-1.1.4-6.1.el7.i686
> Motif Library    - motif-2.3.4-7.el7.i686
> X11 Library      - libX11-1.6.3-2.el7.i686
>
> I am not sure whether /usr/bin/Xorg is the Xserver . But the if it is the Xserver that you mean then below is the version..
>
> X server -  xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.17.2-10.el7.x86_64 (64 bit)
>
> What can be the probable reason for this .. Please help.

lets put together:
You are running a 32Bit application in a 64-bit environment.
I thing a good idea to check with ldd that there is no mixing
of 64 and 32 bit libraries that can have unintended consequences.

Given that the system in general runs as expected. i doubt that
there a problem (unlikely != impossible).

To test the 64bit:
You should recompile the application and using 64bit or use
a x686 System to test.

re,
 wh