Lost right edge of display

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 9 22:42:58 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 02:23:02AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 01:25:39AM +0100, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> > On Montag, 8. Februar 2016 00:16:07 CEST, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> > >Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 900, maximum 16384 x
> > >16384
> >
> > No, that's fine.
> >
> > >VGA-0 connected 1600x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
> > >axis) 434mm x 236mm
> >
> > A VGA (only?) panel without a sync scan trigger???
> > Tried the power button (which model is it exactly)?
> >
> Yes! Using the power button after entering X, or in this case after
> the display comes up when resuming from suspend, has fixed it.
>
> Thank You so much.
>
> FWIW, the model is E2070S.

A (good) follow up from the "this is weird" department :

I rebooted after that, and again had to power cycle the monitor to
get a full desktop to show.  Then I powered off.  Five minutes ago I
booted it again (got something I was asked to test), ran startx and
was about to reach for the monitor's power button - fortunately, I
checked the screen first : it came up ok.  I think the classical
phrase is "Mirabile dictu" (Wonderous to relate).

ĸen