setting primary in multihead xorg.conf causes disregard of DisplaySize

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 10 10:23:59 CET 2016

Thomas Lübking composed on 2016-02-10 09:49 (UTC+0100):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Sent too soon, and probably to the wrong place. I tried equivlent xorg.conf
>> files with Nvidia G84 and nouveau, and with ATI Cedar and radeon. Neither
>> have any such shortcoming, so I have to suspect this should have gone to
>> intel-gfx as a driver bug. Anyone here agree, or know a config solution?

> tried
> Option "IgnoreEDID" "true"
> ?

NAICT, that was an NVidia proprietary driver exclusive (now deprecated?). Not so?

I would think use of PreferredMode and/or DisplaySize would infer something
equivalent. So, no not tried. I don't know what section to try it in either.
I'm also having a hard time guessing why it could help. EDID isn't taken into
account by Xorg anyway WRT display density, by default always ignoring real
size and ASSuming whatever's required to anachronistically make DPI 96. :-(

I already posted to intel-gfx:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2016-February/087333.html

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/