patch: X11 xmove utility updated for 32 and 64 bit systems

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Jul 4 23:07:46 UTC 2016

On 07/ 4/16 01:01 PM, J. Hart wrote:
> Some of you may remember the old X11 utility xmove.
>
> I have prepared a patch for it to enable it to function properly on more modern
> systems.  The original xmove utility was unable to function on 64 bit machines.
> This patch enables it to function on both 32 and 64 bit machines.
>
> I also plan to prepare it for the Raspberry Pi.
>
> I was wondering about the best way to make the update available to the linux
> community, and into any linux distributions which might be interested in it.
>
> I retrieved the original source for it from the following location:
> http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/xmove.2.0beta2.tar.gz

It's not one of the utilities that X.Org provides, so you'd need to get the
patches to whereever the distros pull from as their upstream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmove suggests the original has been abandoned
for almost 18 years now, and the link provided for the "improved" fork no
longer works.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com