Flickering single display in multi-head XRandR setup

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Fri Mar 25 09:57:52 UTC 2016

Dnia piątek, 25 marca 2016 10:22:41 Andreas Mohr pisze:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 11:18:01AM +0000, xorg-request at lists.x.org wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 12:12:34 +0100
> > From: martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net>
> > There is something very weird going on, which you may witness in the
> > video downloadable here:
> > http://scratch.madduck.net/xorg-display-flicker.mp4 (8Mb)
> >
> > The left-most display (DP0) keeps turning off and on (or resets
> > itself), and generally, it flickers and the pixels jiggle around.
> > The other two displays are perfectly fine. The monitor on DP1 is of
> > exactly the same make as that on DP0.
>
> While it wasn't explicitly written,
> let me just assume that you did try
> actively connector/cable-swapping those "exactly the same make" monitors,
> with identical results.

I don't know how about Martin, but in my case it is the internal laptop screen
which is flickering (very rarely, but it does). So it is not the matter of
cables. In both cases (mine and Martin's) it affects the first, main screen
(DP0 / eDP1).
--
Łukasz Maśko                                                            _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\