Missing letters after suspend

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Mar 28 06:28:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am not sure the following is an X.org issue, but I hope you'll let
me start here.

Please see attached screenshot. This is on a laptop and occurs
occasionally after I bring the system back from suspend. Everything
works just fine, except certain letters (it's always a different set
it seems) are just not displaying.

At first I thought this is limited to GTK apps (Firefox,
Thunderbird, ssh-ask-pass, gscan2pdf), but I also see this with e.g.
the Awesome window manager, which does not link with GTK.

Have you encountered this before? What is going on? Which software
is at fault?

How can I fix this (without rebooting)?

Thank you!

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

#define emacs eighty megabytes and constantly swapping.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net