Multiplexing general windows similar to terminator

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Sun Nov 13 14:54:00 UTC 2016

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:27:26 +0000 (UTC) Mihai Darius
<mihai_darius22 at yahoo.com> said:

> Hi,
> I was thinking about creating a module that allows users to unite graphical
> windows in one window, similar to terminator. The end result should look be
> similar to how Microsoft Visual Studio manages its windows (e.g. Solution
> Explorer, Output, Code, etc.). I am not sure whether anything similar already
> exists (I've been searching on Google, but I've found only terminal
> multiplexers), and if the implementation should be an X-server module.Any
> feedback and help would be greatly appreciated (especially a starting point
> for the implementation). Darius Mihai

read up on building a window manager. :)

you take the blue pill, story ends. you wake up in your bed and avoid the hell
that is window management, and believe whatever you want to believe. you take
the red pill, you stay in window manager land, and i show you how deep the
rabbit hole goes.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com