[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-amdgpu 1.2.0

Christopher Barry christopher.barry at earborg.com
Thu Nov 17 14:18:14 UTC 2016

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:38:59 +0900
Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

>I'm pleased to announce the 1.2.0 release of xf86-video-amdgpu, the
>Xorg driver for AMD Radeon GPUs supported by the amdgpu kernel driver.
>This release supports xserver versions 1.10-1.19.
>
>Highlights:
>
>* Significant 2D compositing performance increase.
>* Option "TearFree" can now prevent tearing in all possible display
>  configurations (with current versions of Xorg). Specifically, it's
>  now also effective with arbitrary RandR transforms and with RandR 1.4
>  slave output.
>* DRI3 is now enabled by default if the Xorg version is >= 1.18.3 and
>  glamor is enabled.
>* DRI3/Present asynchronous page flips are now supported (requires
>  corresponding kernel driver support, available in current versions of
>  the Linux kernel). This can increase performance of fullscreen
>  applications with sync-to-vblank disabled.
>* The HW cursor can now be used with RandR 1.4 slave output or with
>  TearFree & rotation.
>* Performance improvements with RandR 1.4 slave output.
>* The list of supported GPUs in the Xorg log file has been tidied up.
>* RandR 1.4 provider capabilities are now advertised more accurately.
>* Support for SI family GPUs.
>
>Plus many other improvements and fixes. Thanks to everybody who
>contributed to this release in any way!
>

>Adam Jackson (1):
>      Adapt Block/WakeupHandler signature for ABI 23
>
>Alex Deucher (1):
>      add missing bonaire pci id
>
>Flora Cui (3):
>      add strato pci id
>      Add more Polaris 10 PCI IDs
>      Add more Polaris 11 PCI IDs
>
>Hans de Goede (3):
>      Remove unnecessary fb addition from drmmode_xf86crtc_resize
>      Only add main fb if necessary
>      PRIME: Fix swapping of provider sink / source capabilities
>
>Keith Packard (1):
>      Use NotifyFd for drm fd
>
>Marek Olšák (1):
>      Fix cursor size for SI
>
>Michel Dänzer (65):
>      Post 1.1.0 release version bump
>      Add support for async flips to radeon_do_pageflip
>      present: Support async flips
>      Enable DRI3 by default when building for Xorg >= 1.18.3
>      Handle Zaphod mode correctly in amdgpu_mode_hotplug
>      glamor: Fix amdgpu_glamor_share_pixmap_backing for priv->bo ==
> NULL Remove amdgpu_share_pixmap_backing
>      Add amdgpu_pixmap_get_tiling_info
>      Consolidate get_drawable_pixmap helper
>      Move DRI2's local fixup_glamor helper to
> amdgpu_glamor_set_pixmap_bo v2 glamor: Reallocate linear pixmap BO if
> necessary for DRI2 PRIME glamor: Make
> amdgpu_glamor_create_textured_pixmap take amdgpu_buffer* Propagate
> failure from amdgpu_set_pixmap_bo Use amdgpu_set_pixmap_bo in
> amdgpu_set_shared_pixmap_backing glamor: Fix leak of pixmap private
> when replacing BO Free priv in amdgpu_set_pixmap_bo also if priv->bo
> == NULL Adapt to XF86_CRTC_VERSION 7
>      Call amdgpu_glamor_create_screen_resources after
> [...]

All,

Just a big THANK YOU for everything you do to make this driver
fantastic. I use it with 3 19200 x 1200 monitors on a Micro-Star
International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290/390], and it
just works rock solidly. I use it heavily with blender. Thanks!

Cheers.

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry