Need help understanding X server freeze

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 04:44:42 UTC 2016

Hi Felix,

Thank you for responding.

>Maybe try the modesetting driver at least on the Intel/Sid installation.

Unfortunately when I use the default modesetting driver my X
consistently crashes simply by starting gnome-terminal and doing
something simple like traversing it's menus. This causes the entire X
server to crash and restart back to the login.

I read others having this problem with Debian Unstable and the
recommendation was to move back to the Intel driver.

Is there some way for me to gather more debugging information from the
server so that when ssh over my tunnel causes a freeze I can figure
out what has happened?

Thanks again for your help.

Bye for now