Need help understanding X server freeze

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:08:52 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for replying. I truly am at wits end here and appreciate any help.

>Can you calso cause this with something >simple as "xterm" (ie, running
>gnome terminal under xfce likely won't >help much)

If I X forward something simple like xterm over my Retroshare tunnel via
SSH, it works perfectly without any hiccups. Even if I try to run say a du
on / just to generate a lot of scrolling traffic.

It's only when I run something like gnome-calculator or gedit that the
whole desktop hags up at some point down the line usually when I have
pressed a button or tried to trigger a menu or dialog box.

>Tried staying with intel but resorting to uxa >acceleration?

No I have not tried it but will do this and report back :)

Thank you so much. Truly appreciate it.

Regards,
Jeetu