Xinput button mapping and middle button emulation

Tobia Conforto tobia.conforto at gruppo4.eu
Mon Oct 24 15:02:47 UTC 2016

Hi Peter
(and list)

After some digging, I found that the mapping from mouse scan code to
button number is hardcoded in the kernel driver[1], so I patched the
evdev Xorg driver to add an Emulate3Button option. It configures the
button number to emit when pressing left and right together. I
followed the style I found in the rest of the evdev driver, including
comments and man page, so I hope you'll be able to merge it.

Tobia

[1] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/hid/hid-kensington.c