Huge mouse-click delay

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Sep 21 11:07:58 UTC 2016

also sprach Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> [2016-09-21 08:49 +0200]:
> * run evemu-record on the mouse and check if you see the button events show
>   up while they're delayed in X. if they work as expected, then it's not a
>   kernel/hw issue.
> * run xev and see if that gets the events as expected. If so, then the issue
>   is in the toolkit (but judging from the rest that's not the case anyway).

In both cases, the event is registered by the tools immediately.

> any server updates recently? can you downgrade?

There was an update about 3 days ago, but of course I can't tell you
exactky whether that's when the problems started. The update before
that was a week old and I am fairly sure the problems aren't that
old.

X.org received only a Debian revision, it seems, but there were tons
of other updates, cf. apt.log: http://slexy.org/raw/s21gsbXDX8

Sure, I can downgrade anything, but I it's probably pay off to know
what I should be downgrading.

Any clues?

The more I am fiddling with this, the more I am suspecting the
Awesome window manager to be at fault. At least my switch to Git
master could well coincide with the start of these problems.
Moreover, if I kill awesome, then the mouse behaves just fine. If
I then restart awesome, the delay quickly grows in length.

I'll start investigating this lead. Thank you everyone for your
patience and input.

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

above all, we should not wish to divest