Dell P2715Q Monitor does not wake up after sleep (off, standby, or suspend)

Greg Gorsuch thewatchman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 19:08:40 UTC 2017

Your description sounds about right. Since I do see a message ("*Entering
energy saver mode*") come up on the monitor when I move the mouse as I
mentioned before, this does suggest it has been awakened and becomes
unrigistered at this point and sees no input anymore (hence the message).
All the windows are already moved to the other monitor at this point and
the screen saver seems like it has more or less died (though it does prompt
for the password and allows me to log in).

I did what you asked, but it didn't really give any useful info since it
normally takes a while for the monitor to fail to come back up (maybe 5 or
10 minutes after I lock the screen even with the sleep time as 1 minutes or
so).  I kind of already generated the info you may be seeking in my
original post.

I am wondering if there is some way to just "lock" the setup so that the
monitor is always there if it is a registration problem, or change things
so the monitor is not unrigestering itself.

--
Greg Gorsuch