Dell P2715Q Monitor does not wake up after sleep (off, standby, or suspend)

Greg Gorsuch thewatchman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 18:28:03 UTC 2017

Actually, I was looking at the output from the xrander -q I posted in my
first e-mail. It does show the display as connected still, but just drops
the resolution from it (apparently indicating it is deactivated by X but
not disconnected). So it doesn't seem like the udev rule would help.

I have tried udevadm monitor and do not see any events. I also tried adding
a rule  UBSYSTEM=="drm", ACTION=="change",
RUN+="/usr/local/bin/fix_dell_monitor.sh",
but it doesn't seem like that ever gets executed.

Where is the logic for deactivating monitors and waking up from sleep
actually handled? Is it the kernel, nvidia driver, X server, or somewhere
else? Somehow Windows 10 does not seem to have the same issue.

--
Greg Gorsuch