How to convert ZPixMap to BGRA reliably?

Ilya Anfimov ilan at tzirechnoy.com
Fri Aug 25 14:37:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 06:25:41PM +0530, Sai Prasanna wrote:
>    I want to get the same values as got by using XGetImage for red_mask,
>    blue_mask and green_mask in xcb.
>    Here is m C-go lang code.
>    I am iterating on the screen got from xcb_setup_roots_iterator .
>    for depthIter := C.xcb_screen_allowed_depths_iterator(cx.screen);
>    depthIter.rem != 0; C.xcb_depth_next(&depthIter) {
>            d := depthIter.data
>            for visual_iter := C.xcb_depth_visuals_iterator(d);
>    visual_iter.rem != 0; C.xcb_visualtype_next(&visual_iter) {
>                v := visual_iter.data
>                fmt.Printf("MASKS %x, %x, %x", v.red_mask, v.green_mask,
>    v.blue_mask)
>            }
>        }
>
>    Which Depth and Visual Id should I select for getting correct masks ?

 Generally,  VisualID  is inherited from a window you taking con-
tents of.
 I mean, if you are casting get_image on a window -- than  it  is
VisualID  of  that window, and if you do get_image on a pixmap --
than that pixmap is somehow filled with some data,  probably  via
XCopyArea,  and you should use VisualID of the window you used to
fill that pixmap.
 Also, you can fill the pixmap with drawing  functions  like  im-
age_text  or  poly_line or put_image requests -- than contents of
it's available planes is determined by your colors in  GC  and/or
your image data.

 The  Depth  should be the same that you used in XCreateWindow or
XCreatePixmap.