X is consuming ~100 GiB of RAM(!)

Hi-Angel hiangel999 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 22:42:01 UTC 2017

Oh, wow, this looks like a Xorg bug then. I'd recommend trying latest Xorg
then — yours one is 3 years old, hopefully it's something fixed. If it
won't help, I'd recommend report a bug.

Although ulimit workaround worth a try, but If this is really a memory
leak, I doubt it'd help much. What I think would happen is that Xorg won't
be able to allocate resources on apps' behalf, making apps to crash.