Ubuntu PRIME switching problems

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Feb 17 07:03:29 UTC 2017

On 16/02/17 05:17 PM, Francesco Cammelli wrote:

> DRI_PRIME=1 0ad
>
> To try it on the famous linux videogame 0 A.D., but I had a black screen

That sounds like Xorg crashes? Can you provide the Xorg.*.log(.old) file
from the crashed Xorg?

If you try

 DRI_PRIME=1 LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo &>/tmp/glxinfo.txt

does that also cause a black screen? Please provide the contents of the
/tmp/glxinfo.txt file it generates.

> with this message
> http://www.imagestime.com/imageshow.php/1100381_IMG20170210144420.jpg
> I have no idea of what it could be, the only thing I remember is that on
> Ubuntu 14.04 I had to fix a brightness problem, which I resolved
> changing something in that folder (I think).

Looks like the message is related to that, but harmless; it's just what
happens to become visible when Xorg presumably crashes.

> And you can see two error point: " VCE init error (-22)" and the other
> "*ERROR* Cannot find a backlight controller"

These might be harmless as well.